Okay, this blog isn't about ME enough.
A friend of mine sent this survey thing to me and here are my answers.
(X) Gone on a blind date? See recent post on the funniest blind date ever
(X) Skipped school? Grade school – never. College – way too much.
(X)Watched someone (or some pet?) die? A monk I was tending to.
(X)Been to Canada? Ummm. Went to grad school in Toronto. See question #2.
(X) Been to Mexico? Ummm. Was born and raised in Texas. Always went there for cheap liquor.
(X)Been to Florida? Only once on a business trip. Way too humid. I don’t like any place that has locations named “Buena Vista. . . ”. How revolting.
(X) Been overseas? yes. England and Wales. Once to Alabama.
(X) Been on a plane? Many times, many kinds.
() Jumped out of a plane Only when it’s safely pulled in to the terminal.
() Been on a helicopter? To see what? Nature and scenery just doesn't do anything for me.
(X) Been on a train? Yes, and I love the air freshener in the bathrooms and keep the same kind at home. (Ozium)
(X) Been lost? Once. In a car lot when I was seven. It was horrible.
(X) Been on the opposite side of the country? Seattle to Orlando. Just last year.
(X) Gone to Washington , D.C? I had my first Heineken beer in D.C. when I was sixteen.
(X) Swam in the ocean. Yes, but I prefer not to be a part of the food chain.
() Cried yourself to sleep? Can’t say I have.
() Played cops and robbers? No, but I remember playing “purses” with my little girlfriend when I was 6.
() Recently colored with crayons? No, but I can still remember the smell of a new pack of Crayolas.
(X) Sang Karaoke? Twice. “Stairway to Heaven” and “Barracuda”.
(X) Paid for a meal with coins only. Two-dollar coins in Canada. We should have them here.
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't? Most of undergrad school.
(X) Made prank phone calls. As a teen, calling my little brother up and telling him Santa Clause had died just before he was born.
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose? Big Red strawberry soda.
() Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Ummm. Nature? Outdoors? Remember?
() Danced in the rain? See above
() Written a letter to Santa Claus. No, but I wrote a letter to President Nixon in the fourth grade telling him he should do something about civil rights. And that he should mention me on television.
() Been kissed under the mistletoe? Who has mistletoe these days?
() Watched the sunrise with someone you care about or love? If they loved me, they wouldn’t have me outside watching a sunset.
(X) Gone ice-skating? Yes, while listening to “Barracuda” on my iPod.
(X) Gone snow or water skiing? Snow, yes. Lots. Water, hello? Summer? Heat?
(X) Gone to the movies? Love to go by myself. Always sit in the back row.
1. Any nickname? Buck, Dooder
2. Mother's name? ‘Laine
3. Favorite soft drink? Tab. (I’m not kidding)
4. Tattoo? Never. Way too permanent.
5. Body Piercings? One drunken night in college.
6. How much do you love your job? I like it very much but definitely not very very much.
7. Favorite vacation? I’m lucky to live in a city where lots of people want to come for their
8. Favorite TV program? Lost in Space
when I was seven.
9. Ever been to Africa ? Africa? Heat? Sand? I don’t think so.
10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? No. I’m actually not much into sweets.
11. Ever been on TV? Almost. I was supposed to be a “matie” on the Captian Gus Show
(a local kiddie show) but freaked out at the last moment and ran out of the studio.
12. Ever steal any traffic sign? No, they’re outside.
13. Ever been in a car accident? Yes, the first time I was allowed to take the car out when I was sixteen. I was two hours past curfew. Beer was involved. I was grounded until I was twenty-nine.
14. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? I ride a 32-door subway.
15. Favorite salad dressing? Blue cheese. And I hate the pepper-guy. The sacrament of fresh-ground pepper is so stupid.
16. Favorite pie? Mincemeat (no, I’m not kidding. Just ask Lorraine
. She knows)
17. Favorite number(s)? π
is pretty awesome.
18. All-time Favorite Movie? Babette’s Feast.
19. Favorite holiday? Leap Day (February 29)
20. Favorite dessert? That goopy rice pudding stuff at an Indian restaurant
21. Favorite foods? Toast
22. Favorite day of the week? Friday and most of Saturday
23. Favorite Brand of Body Wash? Anything that doesn’t smell like almonds
24. Favorite toothpaste? Sensodyne with some Ajax sprinkled on it (My grandmother taught me that)
25. Favorite smell? My apartment when my neighbor isn’t binging on cigarettes
26. What do you do to relax? Visit the pharmacist.
27. Favorite sport? Walking home from work.
28. How do you see yourself in 10 years? In the mirror, hopefully.
29. Least favorite vegetable? Radishes. Oh, and lima beans.
30. Least favorite fruit? Bananas