Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Passport Photo

I just realized that my passport has expired. If I plan on going to Mother Russia for Christmas, authorities in Moscow will probably require one.

So will the Canadian border patrol outside of Detroit when I drive to Toronto.
Soon, we’ll be required to present a passport in order to obtain a Venti de-caf at the airport.

I just got my passport photo taken.

My god. . . .

I look just like Hank Hill.

I can just see it now. I arrive at Domodedovo International Airport in Moscow and I’m in front of the customs official named Dmitri:

Dmitri: May I see your passport?

Me: Okay, but it’s not a very good picture of me.

Dmitri turns to his co-worker, Sergei:
“Посмотрите это! Он смотрит точно как тот ‘король человека’ холма!”

(“Check this out. He looks just like that King of the Hill guy!”)

Sergei: Нет. Я думаю что он смотрит больше как Дуайт Шрут от “Офиса.”

("No. I think he looks more like Dwight Schrute from The Office")

Dmitri: Вы правильно! (Hey, you're right!)

And they both laugh. In Russian: Я-Я-Я-Я-Я-Я-Я!
(Ha ha ha ha ha ha!)

Sigh. . . .

Maybe I’ll just visit my folks in Texas instead.

3 Comments:

At 2:11 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

You were just jonesin' for another chance to type in Cyrillic, weren't you?

I'll bet you look adorable. Although, for the record, passport photos aren't supposed to look good.

 
At 3:28 PM , Blogger sfoofie said...

Keep up with the Cyrillic...ignore Lorraine... i have a jonesin for the Cyrillic.

 
At 3:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Вы всегда радушны здесь, мой брат.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home