Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Girls' Night Out

Tonight will be a gala event.

I will be accompanying four women to dinner and to see the Sex and the City movie.

Originally, it was just going to be Miss Healthypants and me. Iwanski did not want to see the Sex and the City movie with us for some reason that I cannot even begin to fathom.

Then, Miss Healthypants invited a friend of hers along who, in turn, invited a couple of other friends. So, it will be a huge girly-girl outing tonight.

I don’t mind. Truth be told, I’m a big fan of “chick flicks.” One of my favorite things to do is to watch back-to-back movies on the Lifetime Movie Network throughout an entire Saturday.

Give me a movie starring Meredith Baxter or Judith Light in which they’ve been scorned by a nasty husband and then develop an eating disorder and I’m in heaven. Sheer heaven.

Have you noticed that all the movies on the Lifetime Channel have to do with misogynist men and the horrible way they treat women? Actually, I think the Lifetime Channel should change their name to the Misandry Channel.

Here’s a typical lineup of Lifetime movies on a given Saturday afternoon:

A Woman Scorned

A Daughter Scorned

A Mother’s Plea

A Daughter’s Plea: Stop Hurting My Mother

Please Save My Daughter

Please Save My Fallopian Tube

Broken Vows

A Promise Broken

Castration: A Promise for Revenge

Men Are Terrible and Will Hurt You

Men Are Terrible and Will Still Hurt You

Anorexia: Meredith’s Secret

My Husband Makes Me Binge and Purge

And on and on.

Anyway, I'm really really looking forward to the movie tonight.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:24 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Iwanski doesn't want to see the movie because he's a guy who isn't gay.

You're welcome.

Have fun!

 
At 11:06 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I love "Please Save My Fallopian Tube"! LOL! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home