Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Dynamic Tower


This is just about THE most incredible apartment building you’ll ever see.

It’s called the Dynamic Tower and it’s being constructed in Dubai (where else?)

It’s a 80-story condo building in which each floor, comprising one condo, rotates independently. Each condo owner gets to operate the rotation of their own living space.

One can watch both a sunrise and a sunset out of the same window. In my case, I’d be avoiding sunrises and sunsets if I lived there.

Don’t worry about the speed of the turning. Your sushi won’t be flying off your table while you eat, for it takes 3 hours to make a full revolution.

I think this place would be a peeping tom’s nightmare:

“Damnit! She won’t stay still! Stop spinning around!”

The building is powered by photo cells and wind turbines that produce all the electricity.

Oh, and get this. Each condo has its own garage - - the elevator brings you and your car to your condo.

If you want to live here, the condos average $3,000 per square foot. Let me see, my apartment is 710 square feet, so that would be $ 2.13 million for my little place.

I think I’ll stay in Chicago. Dubai has an average temperature similar to Venus and there’s the issue of sand everywhere.

But still, ya gotta admit that this would be a pretty incredible place to live.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:46 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Wow, that is fascinating!!!!

 
At 12:52 AM , Blogger Speck said...

You would avoid sunrises and sunsets??? I always suspected you were a vampire. Now I know.

 
At 5:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thw tower sounds like a fascinating place to live. Never a dull moment. :-)

And it is a Green building!

And it makes a perfect target for any low flying planes.

 
At 7:22 PM , Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

I can hardly wrap my mind around this. The rotating restaurant at the Space Needle I can handle, but stacked one on top of each other and all rotating? Wowza, what will talented builders think of next...

 
At 7:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kimberly Ann- I too am amazed that the architect David Fisher, could have a "brainstorm / what if" idea and then have it implemented with our current technology.

Fisher wants to build a tower like this in NYC.

 
At 2:27 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Holy cats.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home