Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tired, Travelin' Puppy

I'm on one of my whirlwind trips across the entire state of Illinois for three days. Every three months, I have to visit my staff and their offices and every three months I regret trying to get it all done in three days.

The first day, I left Chicago in my wonderful Zip Car at 6:30 am and went to Rockford. That's in the northern part of the state. I then Zipped down to Peoria for an afternoon appointment.
Peoria's somewhere in the middle. Sort of.

Then I drove past a bunch of pigs, sheep, and ponies to Quincy (western part) and spent the night.

Morning appointment in Quincy, then down to St. Louis for an afternoon appointment. Well, through St. Louis to East St. Louis which is in the southwest part of the state.

Got that?

Then, to Mount Vernon in the south part where I'll have a morning appointment, then to Effingham for an afternoon appointment, then home to Chicago tomorrow night.

I'm beat.

Here's a pic of my nifty Zip Car. I feel very intimate with it since I've been using the same on for the past year. I think I've stayed in the same Marriott at one point or another.

I'm going to wash up with a little-bitty soap and go to bed.


'Night!

4 Comments:

At 5:21 AM , Blogger Speck said...

Hey, you were supposed to call me from Peoria! *pout*

That Zippy car looks like it would be a hoot to drive.

 
At 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made it just in time. The levy broke and those pigs you saw in Quincy are taking refuge from the flood waters by standing on the roofs of houses. Check out CNN.com right now.

Glad you didn't drown!

 
At 12:08 AM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Dooder, glad you're back in Chi-town now!! :)

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Speck: I had changed my route and had to speed right through Peoria. I should have called you from Quincy instead. My bad.

Bro: I just saw the report about the pigs. That's so sad.

MHP: Call me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home