Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bye Bye, Boy

Well, Boy George has done it to me again.

Apparently, his U.S. tour had to be canceled because he’s awaiting trial in England and wasn’t allowed a visa to come to the states.

Here’s the back story regarding my history with Boy George.

In 1984, Culture Club was due to play in Austin Texas where I was living at the time. I was excited. Then, at the last minute, they cancelled Austin due to low ticket sales. (Everyone was sick of Karma Chameleon by then).

Then, in 1994, he had just published his autobiography and was supposed to be at a book signing in Dallas. I was now a monk at a monastery near Dallas, but I snuck out one night in order to have my book signed by Boy.

As I was waiting in line, Boy George had a hissy-fit over something and walked out. I probably broke vows that I didn’t even know existed by sneaking out of a monastery to see Boy George.

Then, the other day as I was walking home, I noticed on the marquis at the House of Blues that Boy George was to perform there on August 6th here in Chicago. Tickets were fifty bucks.

What was even cooler, is that the House of Blues is in the plaza of the apartment building where I live. I could just take the elevator down which is so much easier than sneaking out of a monastery. Believe me.

And now he’s cancelled. Again.

His court case stems from the incident in which he tied up a prostitute in his apartment.

Even fourteen years ago as a monk, I could have told him that tying up a prostitute in his home was not a prudent thing to do.
Oh, and just for fun, here's a photo of me rollerblading in my habit at the monastery.

I got in trouble for that, too.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Now I'm really glad that we didn't buy tickets! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home