Saturday, June 07, 2008

Sushi on the River

I noticed that a new eatery has opened up in the most unusual place. It's on the lower part of the river-walk just across from my apartment building.

The river-walk borders Wacker Drive which is comprised of a Lower Wacker Drive and an Upper Wacker Drive. The lower part is actually more of a tunnel underneath the upper.

Here's a pic of this new eatery on the river walk. It's a sushi place called Diosa on the River:
First, they installed that little trailer on the river walk which where they prepare the food. For the life of me, I don't know how they got it there because there's a wall behind it separating it from Lower Wacker Drive.

Then, they added the tables, chairs and umbrella thingies. That's it. Poof. A restaurant.

I don't know about you, but I have my doubts that this place is going to make it. I can just see their advertisement:

Chicago's newest eatery, Diosa on the River!

Come try our delicious sushi, prepared fresh daily in a trailer while experiencing our unique al fresco dining. You'll be sure to enjoy exhaust fumes emanating from Lower Wacker Drive on one side along with the fetid, garbage-festooned Chicago River on the other.

Wanna start a betting pool on when this place will close down?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:42 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I was actually thinking I'd like to eat there sometime. But now--well, you make it sounds so appetizing... :)

Would you ever eat there?? Ever?

 
At 2:07 AM , Blogger John said...

Darlin', with a name like "Wacker Drive", they'ed be better off opening up an adult book/toy store.

Huggs, etc.

 
At 6:51 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

MHP: I really don't want to risk eating sushi from a mobile trailer. Nope. Don't think so.

Bunny: Good point. I never thought of that.

 
At 8:36 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I'd try it. I'd likely just order sake and watch the river but I'd try it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home