Monday, July 30, 2007

Watermelon Sorbet

Since I don't have any air conditioning in my apartment for the forseeable future, (see previous post) I've developed a tasty treat to keep me cool.

Watermelon sorbet.

Watch it. It's addicting.
And soooo easy to make.

Cut up a seedless watermelon into chunks and freeze it. (A seedless watermelon makes things much easier).

Fill a Cuisinart 1/3 full of the frozen watermelon, the zest of half a lemon, the juice from the aforementioned half a lemon and 2 Tbs sugar.

Blitz it.
Serve it.

Watch out for ice cream headaches.

Like I said, this stuff is addicting.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

But how much alcohol am I supposed to add?

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

just add vodka??? oh wait, jp already said that!

 
At 9:51 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Add rum, and you have my watermelon daiqueries.
Mouse, you've already got to sample one. Yay!

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Yeah, see, I'm not fooled. That's just the dacq recipe without the rum and really, why wouldn't you add the rum? (she asked, remembering the exquisite agony of the next day's headache).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home