Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My Worst Nightmare

My worst nightmire has come true. The absolute WORST thing that could ever happen in my life has happened. . .

. . . The air conditioning in my apartment went out.

In my apartment building, we all have separate a/c and heating units. Mine began making a funny noise yesterday. Last night, it began making a loud noise that was definitely not funny. It sounded like the motor was banging around in there or a fan blade broke.

Although I can't stand being hot, I prefer that over starting a fire in my dwelling. So, I reluctantly turned off the a/c and turned the fan on 'high'.

I called the landlord this morning and he said there's an a/c repairman that knows these units inside and out. However, he can't be there until Saturday.
Saturday??? That's three days away!!

I immediately checked the weather forecast online. The highest temperature forecasted between now and Saturday is supposed to be 81 degrees.

Normally, that's not so bad, except my apartment building is solid concrete and I'm on the 49th floor. That's a lot of radiant heat below me, rising up to me. Also, my apartment faces west and has wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling glass. With no air conditioning, my apartment is actually a terrerium.

Three days without air conditioning.

I might be at the Marriott.

2 Comments:

At 4:00 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my yord.

(I swear. It wasn't us. We treated that air conditioner with nothing but respect).

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Dear heart, it was OLD. I'm just glad it worked while you guys were here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home