Friday, July 27, 2007

Organic Eggs

Miss Healthypants and I had our usual evening out last night: Dinner at the Raw Oyster Place and then grocery shopping. (I have a "granny-cart" which makes it easy to get the groceries back to our respective dwellings).
I was looking at the eggs and I noticed a clear plastic container of organic eggs. They were brown ones, of course. I guess brown eggs look more organic-ey, sort of like whole wheat bread compared to white.
Anyway, the label on these eggs said:
"All Natural. No Animal By-Products!"
What!!!???
Excuse me, but here's a chicken.
It's an animal.
Out pops an egg.
That's a by-product from said animal.
Isn't the very essence of an egg the fact that it is a by-product of a chicken?
Ovae Aviorum.
I don't think I want an egg that wasn't a by-product of a chicken.
I want to go back and buy these organic eggs. Then I'm going to call that toll-free number, you know, the one that says "For questions and comments, call..." just to hear their explanation.
No animal by-products. . . . sheesh!


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:58 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Bwahahaha. Of course, what's really nasty is the notion that some farmers feed chickens, uh, chicken.

But technically, aren't bugs animals? Chickens eat bugs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home