Friday, May 15, 2009

The Machine That Goes 'Ping'

I’m back from my surgery and everything went well. Especially the fact that I’m a little bit toasted on morphine and Vicodin right now.

Anyway, when I had earlier gone for the evaluation, the surgeon guy said that they would probably just give me a local anesthetic along with some happy-juice in an I V.

I guess he changed his mind because I had the full-blown, knocked-out type of surgery this morning. I saved the paper booties as a souvenir.

Of course, I’ve got something really funny to tell you about. . . .

As they were wheeling me into the operating room, I got the giggles, which soon turned into outright laughter. The anesthesiologist asked, “Are you okay?” and I told him that I had just thought of something really funny.

I proceeded to tell him that I had just thought of a scene from an old Monty Python film called The Meaning of Life -- the scene in the operating room.

He piped in and said, “The one where John Cleese plays the surgeon?”

And I said, “Yes! The scene where the staff are all excited over the expensive machine that goes Ping!

“We’ve got one of those too!" he exclaimed. "We’ve also got a new one that goes Deedle-Deedle-Deedle!”

I was really having a good laugh right before surgery -- as it should be.

I just found the Monty Python scene with the machine that goes ‘Ping!’ for you. It really is a classic and I hope that if any of you ever have surgery, you can think of this scene and laugh your way under the knife.

Morphine helps too.

Click here for Monty Python

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM , Blogger Barb said...

Glad that you are home and that surgery went well.... And you are too hysterical. I remember well the machine that goes "ping."

I underwent some minor surgery quite a few years ago where they gave me nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and it indeed made me laugh and the thought that it made me laugh, made me laugh harder and then I was trying not to laugh which made me laugh harder... oy vey!

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

That is just too funny! :)

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Oh, dude! We made "machine that goes 'ping'" jokes when I was giving birth to Dylan. Too funny.

Hope you're all healed up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home