Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dear Santa . . .

Dear Santa,

Do you remember that incredible hat that Aretha Franklin wore at the inauguration earlier this year? You may have been resting after having just delivered all those presents to every good little boy and girl.
(you missed me).
In case you missed it, here’s a reminder:
Isn’t it fabulous?

No, I’m not asking for Aretha’s hat for Christmas, though I bet Prancer would like one.

But look what just became available online. . . a pretty, shiny glass Aretha-Franklin’s-Hat Christmas Ornament!

Isn’t it pretty?

This ornament is all I want for Christmas. I know that the Baby Jesus would be very happy if you brought this to me. This ornament would look so fantastic on my Festivus Pole, don’t you think?
Better yet, I could have the Grinch in my manger display wear it.

You don’t even need to get your elves to make it ‘cause you can order it online.

Click here, Santa.

If you don’t know how to work the internet, I’ll order it for myself and you can just reimburse me the 43 bucks. I’ll leave the receipt next to your cookies and milk.

I promise to be a good boy this year. I really do.

Again, I apologize for that incident when I was fourteen. You know -- When I told my five-year-old brother that you had been killed in a sleigh crash. It was mean.

So, if you bring me this Aretha Franklin’s Hat Christmas Ornament, I promise I’ll never ever ask for anything else ever again.

Well, unless she sings at President Obama’s next inauguration, that is.

Be sure to say ‘hi’ to Rudolph and Olive (The Other Reindeer) who used to laugh and call him names.

Love,

Buck

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:48 PM , Blogger Bob said...

Now if they'd make an ornament outta that thing Madonna wore on her head last week, I'd order the set!

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

But dude, Christmas is not for several months...unless you count Christmas in July! But sorry, I ain't buying it for you. :)

 
At 12:46 PM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

Aretha is just a class act all the way around. Who wouldn't want a glass ornament in the shape of her hat? It's crafted by Polish artisans they say. I often wonder if the people in foreign countries who make things like this don't just shake their heads and think to themselves, "Is there anything Americans won't buy?"). I would put it on the grinch, but that's just me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home