Monday, May 04, 2009

A Peck of Pickled Peppers

I was hell-bent on turning out some decent bread-and-butter jalapenos so I bought another peck of peppers today. (Actually, I think it was rather close to a peck).

This time, I got some red jalapenos and some long, skinny ones as well as the regular ones. (I also added some purple onion -- my own little flair) And I learned my lesson and kept the recipe simple.

Ta-dahhhhh!
Ain't they just the purdiest things??

I think these might even be better than the store-bought ones.

Now I'm ready to don my blue gingham kerchief and enter these in the county fair.

I'll be damned if that snooty Minna-Deen Bruchmiller is going home with the blue ribbon this year . . .

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:39 PM , Blogger sfoofie said...

Can I just say how much I love it when you get all "Texas Grandmother" on us? HI-LARITY.

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger Speck said...

Man oh man, those are jewels in a jar! A pure delight for the eyeballs. Ya done good darlin'.

Now all you need is a fancy pants label and you'll be in bizness.

 
At 8:06 PM , Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

Thought of you today when I heard that Dom DeLuise passed.

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

*smiles* Can't wait to get myself one of them there jars! :) :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home