Monday, May 04, 2009

Tower of Terror

There will be a new tourist attraction here in Chicago this summer and it will definitely not be for the faint of heart.

The observation deck on the 103rd floor of the Sears Tower will feature a glass-enclosed box in which will hang over the edge of the observation platform.

Oh, and you’ll be able to stand in the glass box with nothing between you and the ground but 1½ inches of glass.

Here’s what it will look like:

I tried something similar to this at the CN Tower in Toronto. They have a glass floor you can stand on way up in the observation deck, 500 grillion "metres" above the ground. I thought, “Cool! I’m not afraid of heights.”

I took one step out on the glass and it took a day or two before my boy-bits descended from my throat. I couldn’t believe how frightening and intense it was.

1½ inches of glass? I don’t think so.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 11:59 AM , Blogger Bob said...

The picture is enough for me. I'll enjoy the view from the inside!

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Not even if I go on a diet first!

 
At 4:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just threw up a little.

 
At 9:23 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

My hands are sweating just looking at the picture!--seriously!! :)

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

MHP & JP - We are SO going to the Sears Tower this summer when JP visits!

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Speck said...

You wouldn't catch me anywhere near this thing! I get queasy within five feet of a balcony railing on the third floor.

I wonder what it will sound like when this thing shears off the side of the building like an icicle. Hummmm.....

 
At 8:06 PM , Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

Pass

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home