Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sites I read every day

Every day, there are a few websites that I really enjoy reading for various reasons.

Christian Post is always entertaining for me. It’s extremely conservative and each day they have at least one article where they’re banging on their high-chairs about the "gay agenda." Whenever they mention the issue of gay marriage, they always write the word ‘marriage’ in quotes. Gay “marriage.”

Sure, that’s irritating. But imagine what it must be like for someone who is that hung up on the gay issue. I might encounter that sort of nonsense sporadically, but someone like that has to live in their own head 24/7.
Poor things.

I also like abcnews.com because people can comment on all the articles. I love reading the comments. Something like North and South Korea signing a peace treaty may get a spattering of comments, but Britney losing her children got over four hundred.

I also look at Al-Jazeera to get a different perspective. I think that’s important.

Of course, The Onion is brilliant. One shouldn’t take things too seriously and the Onion keeps me balanced. New issues come out every Wednesday.

I always look at the weather on noaa.gov and see what the weather is doing back in Texas. The geek in me loves weather-related things.

No Impact Man is fascinating. That’s the guy in New York City who is living for one year with no environmental impact. No electricity, no public transportation, only locally grown food, producing no garbage. Fascinating.

Then, there are my favorite bloggers. Lorraine, Eric, Iwanski, JP, and City Mouse. I have to read them every day. I get disappointed when they don’t update enough for my entertainment.

So, those are the sites I look at each day. I don’t think homeland security is going to come after me over these.

But perhaps I shouldn’t look at Iwanski so much.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:52 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Kiss, kiss.

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

Yeah, I would avoid reading Iwanski.
I write it, so I have to read it, so you should pity me.

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

:)
I'm a favorite????
xoxoxox

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home