Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm in Florida

I’m in Florida for four days. On business, not pleasure.

I don’t know why so many people move here. “Mega-humid” doesn’t even begin to describe the weather here.

I’m in Orlando which is right in the middle of the state, but still, there is water everywhere. Alligators were snapping at the plane as we landed.

My flight left O’Hare at 7:00 am this morning which meant that I had to get up at 4:30 am. I guess that since all the school-aged kiddies are in school now, this must be the time to bring all the toddlers to Disney World, because they were ALL on my flight. It was a packed flight and there was this one toddler near me that screeched like a psychotic pterodactyl the entire time. Thank god for i-Pods.

I shouldn’t gripe about the little ones. I’m sure it’s no fun for them to travel and it must be awfully stressful for the parents who have a fussy-one during the entire flight. Us single grown-ups have our i-Pods after all.

Anyway, I’m in this awfully nice resort/hotel room for the duration. Here’s a pic from my room which looks right out over the Disney complex; much like you see on the commercials. However, it’s been rainy and stormy all day. I have no desire to go anywhere near the Disney thing. But I can’t imagine anything more disappointing than being a little kid and having a Disney trip rained out, even for one day. For their sake, I’m praying for sunshine.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your friend. Epcot is pretty cool. There is an AIR CONDITIONED British pub there that they actually dismantled and moved from England so you can actually smell the 800 years of spilt beers when you walk in.

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

You better to make it to epcot!!!! it's even okay to go in the rain!

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Boo. Hiss.

Although, it's mighty nice of you to hope for sun for all the annoying kiddies.

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger Red Seven said...

DC is too hot and humid for me; I can't imagine going any further south. I can already chew the air during the entire month of August; why would I want to do that all year round?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home