Monday, October 01, 2007

I've found a cure

I came down with a nasty cold right after my trip from Orlando.

See? I really, really don’t do well in weather like that.

More than likely, I got it from one of the many little kidlets on the plane who had contracted god-knows-what from Mickey Mouse or Pluto while in Orlando.
You know how Pluto is.

So, I trooped on to work on Thursday and Friday, feeling lousy and sniffly. Friday night, I made a big pot of split pea soup. (I cook it in chicken stock with carrots and celery in it – that stuff will grow a limb back). As soon as the soup was ready, I decided I didn’t want that so I had a huge Chicago deep-dish pizza delivered from Pizzeria Uno, the original Chicago-style pizza place.

Hey, as long as you don’t have an appetite, you may as well have something appetizing on hand.

Saturday, I felt even worse. The many cold tablets I was eating didn’t help. The white ones didn’t work. The blue ones, even less. I think I even had a bit of fever. Lots of sloopies coming out of my nose.
You know.

You know what worked? I took my mom’s advice and ran a hot shower on my head. Just lie across the edge of the bathtub and let a really hot shower run on your head. Then, I made a big pot of strong spearmint tea with honey and lemon. After three mugs of that, I really felt amazingly better. Really. I was amazed.

Who am I kidding? It was probably the deep-dish pizza that I ate all weekend.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 3:00 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I am so remembering that trick for next time. And there will be a next time.

Also, we had deep dish pizza on Saturday night. That ALWAYS cures whatever ails me.

 
At 11:56 PM , Blogger John said...

Hey there Darli'n... Is that A pizza? It looks like the racoon I ran-over in my truck the other day... I hope it tasted better...

Huggs, etc...

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

mmmmm uno's....
glad you feel better

 
At 7:24 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

Pizzeria UNO?

I am deducting 10 Chicagoan points from your total score, Buck.

 
At 8:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better, dooder!! *smiles*

Love,

Poodle :)

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger Gay, Married, with Cat said...

That pizza likes delicious!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home