Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm being snooty

On Sunday, I’m off to Orlando for a business doo-dah for four days.

I SO don’t want to go. The place we’re staying is right in the middle of the Disney World Nightmare Complex and that SO doesn’t appeal to me.

I’m being snooty.

It’s not that bad. I even enjoy the solitude of flying on long trips now that God invented i-Pods. That, combined with a really good book is actually something I look forward to.

I'm not looking foward to that silly aspect of "networking" for four days, though. I'm pretty much an introvert and bullshitting with people I don't know or care about takes a lot out of me.

But who knows? I might meet Mr. Right. (Mr. Inappropriate would even be okay.)
You never know.

A friend of mine suggested that I visit the Epcot center while I’m there. Apparently, it has all these exhibits from foreign countries that make you feel like you were really in Paris or Rome, etc.

That doesn’t appeal to me at all. (I’m being snooty again). I would still know that it was icky-sticky Florida with its alligators and mosquitoes nearby. The whole state of Florida just seems “fake” to me. Same goes for California. There’s just no way I’d feel like I was in Paris.

Why couldn’t this conference be held someplace civilized, like Boston? Or Seattle? Seattle is just as far from everything else as Orlando. Seattle doesn’t have alligators. And there are people I love and miss very much in Seattle.

Maybe a hurricane will appear and I won’t have to go.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:18 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

you should visit epcot... it is like an adult disney and lots of cute guys!!! (ive always went with a significant other, so I was never able to flirt -- go there and flirt for me, would ya?)

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Yeah, Seattle would be way better. There are people in Seattle who love and miss you, too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home