Friday, May 22, 2009

Qwerty vs Dvorak

I know I'm totally geeking out with this Dvorak thing, but I have here for you two short videos that compare typing on a Qwerty keyboard to a Dvorak keyboard.

Miss Healthypants and I are both typing the same text -- a few lines of commonly-used words. Here is the lovely MHP clipping along at about 70 wpm on a standard Qwerty keyboard:



And then here I am typing the same text on a Dvorak keyboard, albeit slower at about 50 wpm. I think you will see that typing on a Dvorak keyboard uses a lot less finger-motion -- that's because 70% of the typing is done on the home row. Also, the right hand types a lot more of the letters in Dvorak (a good thing for most right-handed people)



Isn't that cool?

Like I said, I'm totally geeking out.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:27 PM , Blogger Speck said...

Hummm... It looks kinda the same to me. Sorry.

It does look like Miss HP will develop carpal tunnel syndrome with those weirdly cocked wrists. My piano and typing teachers are cringing at the sight.

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

See, Dooder?--I told you I have weird-ass hands--even Speck says so!! *grin*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home