Saturday, May 16, 2009

Comfort Food

While recovering from yesterday's surgery, I decided to make something comfy to eat. Soup is always a good option for recuperation.

I had a bag of Trader Joe's incredible white corn in the freezer (that stuff is the sweetest, best tasting corn you've ever eaten) so I headed in a corn chowder direction.

Saute an onion in butter, add a bit of flour, cumin, red chili, add boiling vegetable broth, the corn, diced potato, and some half-and-half.

I realized I didn't have a potato, so jumbo pasta shells would have to do. And they did very nicely. Even better, in fact.

Here it is. Southwestern Corn Chowder topped with homemade bread & butter pickled jalapenos.

I'm not the best at making soup or chowder -- it's hit or miss with me -- but I could open a restaurant with this stuff.

I had Vicodin for dessert.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM , Blogger sfoofie said...

ohhhhh that looks delicious. I should try to make me sommma that.

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Yum!! (And by "yum," I mean the vicodin, of course! *hee hee*) :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home