Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Office

My favorite TV program is, hands down, The Office. I think I relate to it because I see parts of myself that I don’t like in characters such as Dwight and Michael.

The receptionist where I currently work even mentioned to me that our workplace seemed to have every character from The Office working here. She said, “You know, we have a Pam and a Jim and, oh my god! you remind me of Dwight!” (In my defense, I was trying a new hairstyle where I was sort of parting my hair in the middle and I had just come out of the rain.)

I wanted to respond with, “You mean cow!” But my actual immediate thought was, “Who here is Jim?”

And I did away with that hairstyle.

I realized that I have 30 years of experience working in offices. Well, minus that three-year escapade into restaurant management when I was young and foolish. Oh, and there that seven-year escapade into the monastery when I was a little older and still not very wise. So, basically, that comes to 20 years of office experience that I’ve under my belt.

So, dear puppies, here are my words of wisdom gleaned from many years of trials and errors:

1. When the boss says it’s ‘crunch time’, continue to work as normal but just walk really fast down the corridors and hallways.

Okay, that’s about all the advice I have for now.

I’m bizzy and have lots of work to do.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:56 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Good advice! :)

And at least your boss didn't say "Chop chop!" :)

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Bob said...

My boss says "Circulate"when he sees more than two employees standing together.

I'm gonna try that whol walk faster thing.

 
At 9:07 AM , Anonymous Bro said...

My favoirite is when my boss says "All eys are on us. We can NOT drop the ball on thie!" and then takes a two hour lunch.

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I just read Bob's comment. If I had a boss would said things like that I think I would be involved in some workplace violence.

 
At 3:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tip.

I really like that show too, and have thoroughly enjoyed the Michael Scott Paper Company storyline.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home