Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Saturday Post

Okay, I realize that I'm rocking the blog world by posting on a Saturday. . . .

. . . . I don't care. . . My Saturday seems to be rocking.

My Saturday began with an 8:30 a.m. appointment with my doctor who wanted to test my blood and give me a physical exam. I still go to my doctor in the old neighborhood where I used to live for five years.

My doctor's lab is only open between the hours of 9:10 and 9:42 on every Saturday.

My last recorded weight was 229 pounds in January. Today's weight was 216 pounds. My blood pressure was a languid 110 over 75.

I lived in Canada for three years. So, in Canadian measurements, I'm 188 cm and my weight has dropped from a dreadful 104 down to 98 kgs. No Canadian really likes to have their weight above 90 . . .
. . . Just to keep it in perspective. . .

___________________________________________________

I'm currently reading two biographies of Eleanor Roosevelt at the moment. She was a fascinating and much admired woman. Both of her aristocratic parents died before she was twelve years old. She then lived with two aunts and a grandmother, one of whom was named "Aunt Pussie".

If I ever obtain a pet, it shall definitely be named "Aunt Pussie" whether it be male or female, canine, feline, vulpine, or whatever.
"Aunt Pussie" has got to be the best name, ever, for any beloved pet.

Wouldn't we all, but provided the opportunity, have enormously benefited from the fond relation of such an "Aunt Pussie" whilst growing up?

_____________________________________________________

I went to the grocery store after my appointment and I couldn't help noticing this advertisement at a bus stop right outside my apartment building. It's an ad for Canadian Club whiskey.

It says, "Your mom wasn't your dad's first. . . .

Damn right your dad drank it!"


Even though it's blatantly heterosexual, I have to admit that it's pretty "hot"



6 Comments:

At 9:48 AM , Blogger Breenlantern said...

I'm glad you posted n saturday...I always miss my bloggers on the weekend when they don't posy anything for a couple days...that makes me sound all pathetic doesn't it? Oh well, if the shoe fits...glad your saturday rocked!!!

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Ok, either I read that wrong or you had a typo...no frakking way you weigh 116 pounds. That's, like, 12 pounds more than The Child.

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger sfoofie said...

I agree with Lorraine - my first reaction was hoping for a typo on that one...

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I agree with Breenlantern...I love reading (and writing!) Saturday and Sunday blog posts. *smiles*

Congrats on losing a bunch of weight since January! You ROCK!! :)

And that ad WAS kinda hot. :)

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

I fixed the typo. That was a huge typo.

 
At 11:59 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

OK, I feel better now. Because I was all afraid you'd taken with some wastin' disease...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home