Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fireworks

Last night as I was about to calmly watch reruns of Sex and the City, my city exploded.

In the three years that I've lived here in my little high-rise, I've never seen or heard such a sight. There was a barge right below me on the Chicago River with fireworks going off from it. Right in the middle of downtown.

I have no idea what the occasion was. Perhaps the city officials just decided that "Tuesday" was enough to celebrate. Here's the view from my balcony.




4 Comments:

At 12:40 PM , Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

What a gorgeous view. Oh, I am so excited for the new SATC movie I can hardly stand it!

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Holy cats!

 
At 10:14 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Cool pictures! :)

 
At 5:02 AM , Blogger Speck said...

Too Cool!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home