Monday, November 12, 2007

Seattle-bound

It seems like I'll I've been doing is talking about traveling lately.

But, in just ten days, I’ll be flying away to Seattle to spend the Thanksgiving holidays with Lorraine and family.

I’m all a-quiver with excitement and anticipation. Having spent a week with them during July, I miss them, and it’ll be so good to see them again.

Plus, on this trip, I’ll get to meet their friends which, no doubt, will be wonderful people with whom to hang. I'm particularly looking forward to spending some time with The Neighbor.

One drawback: I’ll be flying out of O’Hare at 7:40 in the morning on Thanksgiving Day.

I tried to go online and select a nice seat for the long flight, i.e. in the emergency row or at least an aisle seat close to the front. However, the Nasty System wouldn’t let me. It said that seating will be assigned at the time of check-in. That means that, unless I get there umpteen hours early, I’m going to be stuck between two disgusting people and in last row against the toilet.

I’d better get there early. And bring narcotics to make the flight bearable. It’s a long way from Chicago to Seattle.
Just look on the map.
You’ll see.

5 Comments:

At 1:11 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

And I shall be on line monitoring your flight plus the DOT webcam to figure out whether you'll arrive on time and how long it will take me to make the normally 15 minute trip to the airport. Good thing I'm not in charge of the turkey.

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Lorraine: I can take a cab. We've already done that whole "airport greeting thing."

Really. No need to burn the rolls.

 
At 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, dear Buck, I am looking forward to meeting you! I have to sing at the 9:30 am Thanksgiving Day mass but other than that, the day is free for drinking, feasting and eating mince pie!

xo nayb

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

I looked at the map and you're right! It's a long way!
There's all this crinkly mountain stuff between the two and everything.

 
At 1:09 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

No way in hell are you taking a cab. Don't be crazy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home