Saturday, November 10, 2007

Final Destination: Rockford; I Love City Mouse.

I've had to travel all around Illinois this past week in order to visit each of the staff members that I supervise. (OOooo. That sounds SO important. . . it's not. . . . Well, maybe it is; . . . but it's not)

Today, I drove 90 miles to Rockford-and-back which brought my weekly mileage total to . . . . (fanfare, please . . .ta-ta-ta-da-daahhh)
1,005 miles!

Yes!

This boy did drive over one thousand miles this past week; six destinations with four hotels.

I once told my dad that I had a secret desire to become a truck driver. I even took a preliminary exam with Schneider and got accepted into their truck-driving program.

He still teases me about that to this very day, and I'll readily admit, that my career-change into truck-driving would not have been a prudent career move.

I'll also admit that my imprudent (i.e. "stupid") application to Schneider's truck-driving scholarship program took place less than a year ago.
But I was accepted!

However, my dad should know that my boss was duly impressed with the fact that I was able to effectively employ a company vehicle, on-time, on-schedule and under-budget; most of which was across one-thousand miles of Illinois rural territory.

I did manage to drive over a thousand miles in less than a week (some of which occurred between Peoria and Quincy) and spent over fifty hours driving overtime; three of which were lost in the Greater St. Louis Area, but still. . . .

But the highlight today was driving out to our Rockford site because it's only a ninety-minute drive Northwest of Chicago and (most of all) that's where City-Mouse lives.

City-Mouse and I had planned a lunch-meeting the moment I had planned my trip to supervise the Rockford site. (tee-hee!)

The Mouse called me on my cell phone just as I was finishing up my Very Important Meeting there in Rockford (where The Mouse lives).

We met for lunch.

I couldn't think of anywhere else to meet but the Denny's which was just three blocks from the Very Important Meeting from where I'd just been.

City-Mouse and I had met twice before during Lorraine's visit last July. We knew we really liked each other. .

Really folks . . . For me, City-Mouse is one of the most genuine, appealing, friendliest, and amazing persons I've ever met.
And being such an introvert, well, . . you know. . . .


Hmmm. . .
I can't wait to see her again and I know she feels the same way about me.
Isn't that the way it should be between a man and woman?

During our conversation, we realized that the commuter train-stop is within walking distance from her house.

Oh. My. God!

Everyone, without question, should have someone like City Mouse nearby. . . .

You have no idea of the value. . . .

Here's the pic I took at Denny's today:

2 Comments:

At 10:33 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Hi Mouse!

I'm so glad you guys got to see each other!

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

You --- are way too sweet~!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home