Monday, November 05, 2007

Peoria, Quincy, St. Louis

I am SO pooped.

I began my day in Peoria. For those of you who enjoy "The Office," Peoria is to Chicago what Scranton is to New York.

So, after visiting the Scranton office of Dunder-Mifflin, I drove for two and half hours along a two-lane road to Quincy. There was lots of farm equipment along the way, most of which was in the middle of the road driving very slowly. And some sheep. While passing by the sheep I said, "mmmmm. Mint sauce!"

The little road between Peoria and Quincy was chocked full of quaint, charming little towns. I just had to stop for lunch in one little hamlet along the way at a place called the "Dairy Dip." How could you NOT eat at the Dairy Dip in a town of 200 people? Really.

There were lots of Autumn colors along the way.
Here is a tree.
The little town of Astoria was particularly charming
And here is the little bank in the little town of Astoria.
Doncha just love it?

Then I had a two-hour meeting in Quincy which is on the Illinois/Missouri border. I glanced at the Mississipi River. Then drove to St. Louis. Which is a long way.

I’m beat.
Tomorrow morning, I have a two hour meeting in East St. Louis, then drive to Mt. Vernon in Southern Illinois for another two hour meeting in the afternoon.
Night-night.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dooder, I feel bad for you!! It sounds like such a long, tiring trip!

Anyway, I got your message about Target, and since I just spent a boatload of money at Sears, I don't think Target will be on my agenda this week.

Hope you have fun during the rest of the week!!!! These "on-the-road" blog entries are fun!!--and funny!! *smiles*

Love,

MHP :)

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

MHP - I saw a Wal-Mart in Quincy and stopped there to buy new underpants, and various other what-nots, so I'm good.

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

Let me know about rockford!!!

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

You so need a cocktail with Mouse. Hie thee to Rockford!

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Mouse: I have an appointment in Rockford at 10:00 am on Friday. Then I'm free for lunch!
Yay! Lunch with Mouse in Rockford.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home