Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Robbed of my Belgian Endive

Yesterday at the grocery store, I purchased four Belgian endive. I really like their bitter flavor and their little boat-shaped leaves are perfect for spreads like hummus.

When I got home and was unloading my granny-cart, my endive were missing. Could someone have stolen them while I was walking home? It would have been very easy to do so. I pull the cart behind me and the groceries are out in the open in a big purple insulated grocery bag from Whole Foods Market.

Some homeless person could have just reached in a grabbed whatever was on top. If he did nab my endives, I’ll bet he’s really disappointed.

Sure, it would have been a boon to nab something tasty, like the fried chicken tenders from the deli (which come with a side of “Tater Babies”). But no. He got a plastic bag containing four Belgian endive.

Serves him right.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:23 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I'm very sad to hear of the loss of your endive.

 
At 6:56 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

You should put up posters aronud the neighborhood.

Have you seen my endive? Answers to the name "Endive."

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Thanks, Lorrain. I'm sure you can relate.

Iwanski - I'll be canvasing the neighborhood soon. Thanks for the idea.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home