Thursday, September 20, 2007

New Stuff

Lookie here!

A new, redesigned five-dollar bill is coming soon.
I’m so excited!

Really, all my life, I’ve gotten terribly excited over changes to everyday things. I remember staying up until midnight for an area-code change back in 1995. I lived in a suburb of Dallas and at midnight, our area code was changed from 214 to 972. I made phone calls right before-and-after the switch at midnight.
God! That was exciting.
Actually, it was pretty sad, but I enjoyed it anyway.

So, here is the new five dollar bill. I like the big purple “5” which will aid those with sight impairments.

I read that our $100s, 50s, 20s, 10s, and five-dollar bills will get a makeover every seven years. Wow! When I read that, it really gave me a comforting feeling; I’ll have something to continually look forward to for the rest of my life.

Having something to look forward to for the rest of one’s life is pretty sensational if you ask me.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:13 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

I hope they eliminate the one dollar bill so the fiver is the smallest, like in Europe.

 
At 11:59 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

And they're gonna have some cool hologram strip thingy in them, too. Whoohoo.

I'm glad our money is finally starting to be prettier.

 
At 11:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the new $1 coin. It will have the face of each previous president in sequence like the states on the quarters. Maybe it will catch on this time. I can't wait for the end of the series, "Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Clinton".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home