Friday, September 14, 2007

Screaming for Ice Cream

While in Texas, I forgot to mention one of my favorite food items there:

Blue Bell Ice Cream

Their best flavor is the Homemade Vanilla which really does taste like the real thing. No kidding. It really does. The thing is, ALL of their flavors are incredibly good and each month they feature a new flavor that’s available for a short time. This month, it’s Southern Blackberry Cobbler. Here's a list of all their flavors

Blue Bell Creamery began as a small dairy farm in Central Texas and soon began making ice cream. When I lived in Texas, one could only find Blue Bell ice cream in a few counties surrounding the creamery. I remember driving to the next-county-over to procure this wonderful ice cream. Now it's available state-wide.

So, whenever I go home, my mom always has a gallon of Homemade Vanilla waiting for me. My dad always has some on hand. It’s usually eaten by the time I leave.

Oh, and Blue Bell is still sold only in Texas. But if you want some you can order it here. They’ll ship four gallons of your choice for 89 bucks.

Believe me, it might be worth it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Mmmmm. Ice cream.

 
At 2:45 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

The Home-made Vanilla is chocked full of eggy egg yolks. Really. Next time you're down there with Payson, pass up the Sixth Floor Observatory and get you some Blue Bell.

 
At 10:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

...Because cows think Brenham is heaven...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home