Thursday, September 06, 2007

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I was driving from Austin Texas to the little bitty town where my dad and step-mother live yesterday. On the way is another little bitty town that has this barbecue place called the City Market. My dad says that the City Market has absolutely THE best barbecue in the state of Texas (and that says a lot).
So, I stopped by the City market in the little bitty town of Luling Texas. You have to go to the back of the place into this little room where the barbecue pits are. The little room is like a Dungeon of Hell. It's dark, about 120 degrees in there and the walls are black with soot. I don't know how those folks work in there all day. Anyway, you tell them what you want and they wrap it up in butcher paper. I got two pounds of pork ribs and two pound of beef brisket.
Oh. My. God. THIS is barbecue, folks. Hands down, the best I've ever eaten. I'm not that much of a meat-eater, but hey, when in Rome . . .

2 Comments:

At 8:49 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Good lord. Please tell me you didn't eat 4 pounds of meat all by yourself. Cain't have you 'splodin' all over Texas now kin we?

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

No. I shared it with my Dad, Step-Mother, Mom and Mary. It fed lots of folks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home