Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Peek-a-boo

The other night, I needed to know the hours that my gym was open so I looked at their website. (It’s Crunch Fitness, by the way)

I was perusing the amenities that Crunch has to offer, hoping to find some modicum of exercise that didn’t, well, hurt.

One of the amenities that really looked questionable was . . . are you ready for this? . . .
. . . “Peek-a-boo showers.”

Now, what in the world are “peek-a-boo showers?”

I’m intrigued. Why would anyone want to use a shower where one could peek in or out? I remember those horrible “community showers” back in high school gym class. Those were just blatantly non-private.

So, what is a peek-a-boo shower?

The Crunch facility I go to is in the lobby of my apartment building, so I’ve never any need to use the locker room facilities. Besides, locker rooms? Eewww. That’s like walking in foot-fungus quicksand.

I’m not going to peek into the locker room to see what peek-a-boo showers are. That would look weird.

Also, I’m not going to ask one of the attendants what a peek-a-boo shower is. That would be suspect and I’d be too embarrassed to ask anyway.

It’s a dilemma. How do I find out?

I know. I’ll call Senator Larry Craig’s office.

They’ll know.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:59 PM , Blogger Red Seven said...

Okay, but now you've piqued my curiosity, and I need you to go in there and take a look around. Or ... take a peek, as it were.

 
At 12:10 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

What Red said. We need to know what a peekaboo shower is.

 
At 10:32 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

did you try to google it?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home