Monday, July 23, 2007

Tammy Faye

Tammy Faye, bless her heart, was on Larry King Live Thursday night, weighing only 65 pounds and looking so sick and emaciated.
And she was dead on Friday.
Whatever you may think about Tammy Faye, I thought that timing was pretty auspicious.
Frankly, I admire the woman. She was human, with all of our human faults and foibles. She was probably the most ridiculed woman in the media, yet she seemed to be undaunted by it all, often making fun of herself. Both of her husbands were imprisoned for fraud but she remained steadfast in her faith.
Maybe it's just me, but I have a "thing" for insane, tragic women:
Tammy Faye Messner
Janis Joplin
Simone Weil
St. Therese of Lisieux
Mary Baker Eddy
Mary Todd Lincoln
I love 'em all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:18 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

What about Andy Dick?

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Yeah, I wouldn't say she had the best taste in men nor would I ever consider her a model of fashion and good style, but when I heard she'd passed I felt sad. May she rest in peace.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home