Wednesday, February 03, 2010

This Bugs Me

I’m usually a really upbeat person, but there are still things that really bug me.

Here’s a quick list:

Someone made really nice drawer labels in the employee break room at work. One of them reads PLASTIC WEAR

Texting: It’s got to be THE most inefficient means of communication -- the digital equivalent of smoke signals.

Pizza without enough sauce. It should be criminalized.

Australian accents. Those extreme diphthongs just grate on my nerves. The way the word “right” comes out “raaaweet”. That sting ray that stabbed the Crocodile Hunter? Can’t really blame it.

Football players who pray. Yeah, like Jesus wants your team to cause more concussions than the other.

Hotel Televisions: Why can’t CNN be on the same channel in every hotel?

People who proceed to give me verbal directions to a location after I tell them, “I can’t follow verbal directions.” (I really can’t and they refuse to believe me.)

Sean Hannity. Sean Hannity. Sean Hannity.

The garlic bagel that accidentally touched my pumpernickel bagel.

The pepper service in restaurants.

Al Fresco dining. Eating a meal on a city sidewalk = homeless.

The fact that the U.S. still hasn’t switched to one-and-two-dollar coins.

Curbside recycling isn’t available in Chicago.

Sean Hannity.

6 Comments:

At 8:31 PM , Blogger Bob said...

I'm getting a real anti-Hannity vibe here.
But I'm with you on it, as well as the garlic pumpernickel crash!

 
At 8:55 PM , Blogger f8hasit said...

"Hotel Televisions: Why can’t CNN be on the same channel in every hotel?"

You WOULD think this to be easy. But for us ladies, it's the same as "why can't all size 8's be the same size?"

Please.
Great list!
:-)

 
At 11:47 AM , Anonymous Bro said...

Pepper service in restaurants. Next time have a little fun with it. Don’t stop the guy. Don’t say “that’s good” or anything else and just see how far they’ll go. When they give you a questioning look, just raise your eyebrows like “what? I didn’t say stop!” So you maybe end up with a salad you can’t eat, but what fun!

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Bro - That sounds like a fun idea. Actually, I like to ask them to leave the pepper mill on the table. After all, I might require more pepper later in the meal.

 
At 11:15 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I LOVE Australian accents and garlic bagels...but I hate Sean Hannity, so I guess you're still okay in my book. *grin*

 
At 2:47 PM , Blogger Bad Alice said...

Dear Husband taught eldest to quip “Sean Hannity” whenever I did something to annoy her. Dear Husband rather likes Sean Hannity, which you wouldn’t think any sane person could do.

Pizza without enough sauce is just cheesy bread. My kids won’t eat pizza with sauce. I’m raising hooligans.

I like Australian accents, or British or Irish accents. Nothing leads me to trouble like one of those accents.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home