Saturday, January 23, 2010

50th Floor

Whenever friends or guests come to my 50th floor apartment at Marina Towers, they always seem to comment at how fast the elevators are. Ears pop. Tummies get that weightless feeling.

I guess I’m used to it, but on researching Marina Towers (wikipedia) it did mention that we do have some really speedy elevators.

So, I recorded it for you.

This is the elevator ride going from the lobby to the 50th floor and then, into the apartment where I live.

Is it really that fast? Maybe I’m just used to it.

It's an icy-foggy day outside. Definitely a good example of Winter in Chicago.
My windows definitely need cleaning, too, but it’s windy, nearing 10 below zero and 500 feet up in Chicago. Dirty winter windows are inevitable.



Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:58 AM , Blogger Fleeter said...

Buck! That is like a scene out of a horror movie! Footsteps walking purposely in an empty hallway, closeup of closed door, door squeaks open to dimly lit apartment, etc.

Oh yeah, and your elevators are fast. I just always thought that was part of film editing -- to keep the scary film moving at a fast enough pace to keep the heart racing!

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Loved the ride up! :) But I didn't watch it with sound--I'll have to listen to it later to hear if it really sounds eerie. :)

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

Wow! That is very fast. I feel kinda queasy.

 
At 11:55 PM , Blogger Bad Alice said...

wow, there is no way in bleep I would be able to step out onto your balcony. actually, I'm not even sure I could approach your window. Vertigo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home