Friday, September 05, 2008

Palin's Catching On!

I’ve noticed a trend in politicians’ behavior during the conventions. When they walk out in front of a crowd, they smile really big and begin pointing at people in the crowd like they suddenly recognize someone they know and are overjoyed at seeing them.

I doubt seriously if they’re really pointing at anyone in particular. I think this is a gesture to show that they’re connecting with the crowd or it’s to show a really friendly familiarity with their constituents.

Whatever the case, this gesture has definitely caught on. I don’t know who started it, but these folks really love doing it.

Hillary seems to be the best at it.
Here she is, apparently ecstatic over seeing a friend in the balcony:
Oh, there's someone off to the side she knows:
Barack's got the point-and-smile thing down pretty well:
McCain's picked up on it too:McCain adds a twist: The double-point. He definitely looks presidentular. .
Clinton is about to explode, she's so excited.

And lookie here. Palin's learned to do it too. She's not up to Clinton's standards yet, but she's definitely one of the gang now.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:25 PM , Blogger I, Robot said...

Palin's probably pointing out members of the audience to be quietly hustled outside before they make a scene.

That, or people she wants to submit their resignation as a loyalty test.

That, or maybe she just thinks she sees Ted Stevens: all the old white guys in the crowd can be confusing...

I kid, I kid...

Here via my wife's blog, BTW: good material, I enjoy it. :-)

 
At 6:40 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

That's hilarious, dooder! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home