Monday, May 19, 2008

Springtime in Chicago

There was still a chill in the air on Saturday morning (May 17) but it was such a lovely, Spring day that it brought out this cute little sailboat brigade down the Chicago River.

I heard the bells begin clanging which only means that they're about to raise the drawbridges. Then, here came all these little sailboats.
In order to keep traffic moving, only one or two drawbridges are opened at a time. The sailboats all scurry past the bridge and then float around in circles waiting for the next one to open up.
It's kinda cute. Here they are waiting for the bridge right under me to open up.
And, finally it opens and they all scoot through on their way to Lake Michigan

There you have it. A typical Saturday morning in downtown Chicago.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

OH! My river! I just want to pinch its cheeks!

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Lorraine: Just the other day, I swear I could hear the river saying, "I miss Lorraine, too!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home