Friday, October 05, 2007

Work

Work.

I wish I didn’t have to do it. I had a very busy work week, it’s Friday, and I’m kinda worn out.

I shouldn’t complain. I’ve got a nice job that enables me to have food delivered when I don’t feel like cooking and buy new underpants when I don’t feel like doing laundry.

My boss is really nice, though she can be a bit intense at times, and appreciates the work I do. That certainly hasn’t always been the case with some jobs I’ve had in the past.

I live five blocks away from my workplace. I can walk home for lunch if I want to. How many people in a city of eight million can say that?

I get along well with my co-workers. I have my own office which helps a lot with getting along with everyone. I can go the entire day without seeing any of them if I want to.

None of the people I supervise hates me, or at least I’ve not seen evidence of that. They’re all nice people and do what’s expected for the most part.

I don't have to go home and take care of kids like a lot of people have to do. I'm not even encumbered by a spouse who might object to me watching Judge Judy or The Waltons on Tivo whenever I want.

I've got it pretty good.

Still, I wish I had a ton of money and didn’t have to work. When you think about it, we only get one life and it shouldn’t be encumbered with having to work.

But then who would deliver the food when I’m too lazy to cook?

5 Comments:

At 10:04 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

You do have it pretty darn great. Let's not forget that you live in one of the greatest cities in the world in one of the coolest apartment buildings EVER with a view from the Balcony of Terror that kicks almighty ass.

But still, yeah, I totally get the whole not working thing. Or at least, you should be able to work at your music and writing and stuff like that.

Soon as I fall into a bucket of money, I'll set you up.

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger Red Seven said...

It's not working that sucks, it's when you don't love your work -- that's a bitch.

I'm afraid that if I had a ton of money and didn't find something artistic or meaningful to occupy my time, I'd turn into one of thost 750-lb. people who live on their couch and have to be airlifted out of their homes.

 
At 10:13 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Lorraine, it's a deal. Or maybe The Spouse's film will make us both rich.

Eric - I'm afraid I'd also have to be airlifted if I had a ton of money.

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Yeah. That's it. 'Cause there is sooooo much money in indie films.

 
At 3:06 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

Who would deliver food: a plethora of attractive admirers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home