Friday, October 12, 2007

Trashy Trailer Trash Food

Okay, yesterday I wrote about the Texan’s passion for deep frying everything and that got me to thinking. (I was a Texan for 38 years so I guess deep frying is in my genes).

I came up with the following recipe which is about as “trailer trash” as you can get. This will definitely be a ‘must’ at next year’s Annual 4th of July Trailer Trash Throwdown. Or any NASCAR event.

You don’t get much more trashy than:

DEEP FRIED MOUNTAIN DEW

1 cup Mountain Dew plus 2 cups for syrup
3/4 stick butter (6 tablespoons)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
5 large eggs (one cup)
Vegetable oil, for frying

Canned whipped cream

Pour two cups of Mountain Dew in a sauce pan and boil until syrupy.

Meanwhile, heat one cup of Mountain Dew, butter, and salt together. Whisk in the flour and stir in the eggs one at a time. Proceed as you would with funnel cakes. Drizzle Mountain Dew syrup over each serving. Top with canned whipped cream.

Ta-daaahh!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about good!

 
At 7:01 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

i think im going to die now

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

Oh god, my eyes..MY EYES...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home