Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Three-ounce rule

Having flown twice last month, I can tell you that I really don’t like the new rule of having to put all your liquids and gels into less-than-three-ounce containers if you want to bring them in your carry-on.

First of all, I always travel with just a carry-on if at all possible. Jeans, shirts, underpants, socks can easily fit in my carry-on. I travel with one pair of shoes which are on my feet.

Second, I forgot about the rule and had to throw away my hair spray. At least they’re furnishing zip-lock bags for those of us who forget to do the zip-lock bag thing.

And what’s with the 3-ouce limitation on liquids and gels anyway? What’s to keep me from producing more than three ounces of liquid once I get on the airplane?

(Or a gel.)

When I travel to Seattle, I want to bring The Most Delicious Beverage in the Whole Wide World. I don’t want to check bags just for that. Besides, The Most Delicious Beverage in the Whole Wide World will get smashed. Have you ever watched the baggage handlers throw your luggage onto the airplane? They could put the Olympic shot-putters to shame.

So, I’m going to mail The Most Delicious Beverage in the Whole Wide World to Seattle ahead of time.

What’s this beverage of which I speak?

Okay, I'll tell you.

When Lorraine and family were here, we all had a big dinner at my friend’s house, Jack and Steve. Jack had been to a conference in Montreal and had acquired a bottle of Sortilège.
What is Sortilège?

Okay, I'll tell you.

It’s a cordial that is a blend of Canadian whisky and liqueur made from maple syrup. Yes, maple syrup liqueur. Mighty good stuff! Jack had bought it in Montreal at the Sortilège place where they said it could ONLY be purchased in Quebec. It’s been made there for over 300 years. That stuff is incredible. There were many oooo’s and aaawwww’s over it. Jack and Steve were kind enough to bestow it on our dinner guests.

So, I got on the internet and searched and searched and searched and I found an internet supplier! I bought a bottle for Steve’s birthday last month. Then I wanted some more for Lorraine’s birthday but couldn’t find it again.

Until recently. So I bought three bottles, one of which I want to bring to Seattle so everyone can go "ooooo" and "aaaawww" again. It’s that good. It'll also make nice gifts to present. You know, for when I'm invited to other dinner parties by nice people and don't want to show up empty-handed.

I was going to surprise the Seattleites with it but I didn’t know how to get it there because of the damn three-ounce limitation thing. So, I’m just going to mail it and trust that the postal system will ensure its safe arrival.

Oh, and if you want to try Sortilège, you can order it here.

You’ll definitely go "oooooo" and "aaaawww."

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:39 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Yippee ki yay! That stuff is like crack!

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

And please tell me the 3 oz rule doesn't apply to how much of it we can drink...

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger sfoofie said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. sinfully-syrup-liquery-DELICIOUSNESS. i've got your back on this one

 
At 7:06 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

Bring out the pancakes, I'm gettin' drunk tonight!

 
At 3:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Buck! I totally spaced the 3 oz. rule coming back from Reno last week and had a full bottle of Maker's Mark bourbon in my carry-on. They said I could go back to the check-in desk and put it in my luggage. When I went back to the Southwest Airlines counter, the girl said they'd only check my bottle in my luggage if I purchased (for $5) a special padded (and reusable) sack for it. So I did, added the bottle to my checked bag, and everything was hunky dory. So if you don't want to ship the bottle here, and you're flying Southwest, you might want to wait until you get to the airport and when you're checking in you can just get one of these cool sacks.

Can't wait to taste it on turkey day!

XO nayb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home