Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My Participation in the Chicago Marathon

You might have heard the news about how hot it was during Sunday’s Chicago Marathon. Usually, we’ve experience very autumnal temperatures during the first week of October; perfect for running.

However, we had a high of 87 degrees which broke the all-time record. That, topped off with high humidity cause marathon officials to close down the event halfway through the course. Over 300 people had to be taken away in ambulances and one person died.

Surprisingly, I was affected by the outrageous temperatures during the marathon. Around 8:00 am on Sunday, the marathoners woke me up with all their hollering and cheering near the starting line which is right below my balcony.

“Hrrumph!” said I.

I went back to sleep.

A couple of hours later, all the ambulances and helicopters woke me up again!

Next year, if it’s above 80 degrees, they need to cancel the marathon right away.

On Sundays, I usually rise at the crack of noon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home