Monday, August 13, 2007

TiVo

As I mentioned last week, my TiVo died last week. For those of you who are TiVo cognoscenti, you can only imagine how horrible it is not to have a TiVo once you have one.

I tried going for a whole weekend without a TiVo, thinking of all the things I could be doing rather than watching TV. Sure, I could watch TV without a TiVo, and I tried doing it. I really did. But I think Helen Keller would have actually gotten more TV viewing pleasure than I did. It was horrible. Just horrible.

So, I ordered a new TiVo today. They’ve come way down in price (only ninety-nine bucks now) and have a lot more memory than the ones from years past. Also, the new ones enable me to record two programs at the same time.

The great thing about TiVo is that you can program in “key words” or actor’s names and anytime there’s a program that contains your pre-programmed words in the program description, it’ll automatically record that program for you.

Here are some key words from my old TiVo that I’ll have to re-enter on the new one:

Roller Coaster
Bigfoot (I know it doesn't exist, but it still frightens me)
UFO (Anal probes are funny)
Janis Joplin (I love my tragic, insane women)
Mary Todd Lincoln (I love my tragic, insane women)
Stephen Lynch (My hero)
Transgender (fascinating)
Anorexia (I love those Lifetime movies about women with anorexia. There are dozens of them)
Karen Carpenter (Tragic, insane and anorexic)
Carpenters
The Waltons (still makes me cry in every episode)
Nigella Lawson (I'd almost go 'bi' for her)
America’s Test Kitchen (cool kitchen stuff)
Judge Judy (Judy rips apart the tragic, insane women)

Well, you get the idea.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:41 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

It's good to have a plan. Congratulations.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home