Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My Worst Fear Comes True

I had seen signs of impending doom. A glitch here and there. Slow start-ups. Overheating and shut-downs occurred more and more frequently.

And then it happened. . .

. . . My Tivo died.

And now I'm forced to watch TV without a Tivo. Like an animal!

For those of you who don't own Tivos, words cannot express how it feels to be Tivo-less. For those of you who own Tivos, you know what I'm going through!
You know!

I can't even begin to watch T.V. without a Tivo. I just can't do it.

Several years ago when Tivo first came out, I bought one and was hooked.

That was a first-generation Tivo and it died about three months after the warranty expired (of course).

I went to Best Buy that night and bought a replacement. Once you have Tivo, you just can't go without it.

I was about to run down to Best Buy and get a new one. But look at this. I'm not watching TV. I'm writing! And I just got through practicing on the piano, too.

I might even (gasp!) go work out now that I have no TV to watch. This situation might even be a good thing.

Daren't I try going awhile without television???

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've already bought the new one, haven't you?

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Hey, giving up TV in the summer is like not drinking because you're having surgery.

Youo'll have a TiVo by fall. Trust.

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

JP - Very clever. Actually, I haven't bought a new Tivo yet because it's too hot to go to Best Buy. I don't "do" heat.

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Oh, and I didn't work out either.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home