Monday, August 06, 2007

The Iceman Cometh, Part II

It's a good thing I got up early on Saturday morning, because the air-conditioner-guy arrived about 8:30 am. I would have hated to have missed out on his arrival with my newly-repaired air conditioner.

When he arrived, I wanted to throw my arms around him, sobbing and weeping uncontrollably. However, I held back, not wanting to do anything that might impede any quick and efficient air-conditioner installation processes.

I stayed in the kitchen and let them do their thing. I was a little concerned when I heard cursing. I guess he just likes to curse, or it helps him install air conditioners. Whatever. Fine. Curse away. Soon, my air conditioner was back on!

I wallowed in my air-conditioned comfort all weekend. I stored the big-ass fan in the storage unit, hoping never to need it again. I shut all the doors, leaving only filtered, cooled and conditioned air to waft over me.

I didn’t even want to cook. I had lots of Thai food delivered from the place across the street. Is that sad or what? I wouldn’t even venture outside in the heat to pick it up.
I made and consumed lots of watermelon sorbet.

I don’t know how people live without air conditioning. I really don't. And what about the Amish? They don’t even have electric, big-ass fans!
It must be a very sad and painful existence.

1 Comments:

At 5:55 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Congratulations. I'm so relieved.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home