Sunday, August 19, 2007

Random Blog

It's Sunday morning a little after nine. I must get getting old because I can't sleep late the way I used to. Or maybe it's because I can't stay up the way I used to, so I go to bed early, even on a Saturday night.

Miss Healthypants dropped by yesterday to pick up her keys. She and Iwanski were on vacation for a week and I had been looking in on the cats while they were away. I'm glad they're back.

They have two cats, Hattie and Autumn. Hattie is a fat grey tabby (Really fat) and Autumn is sort of a calico-mix-gone-awry with autumnal colors, thus the name.

Autumn is very friendly and is always there, wanting to cuddle and play. Hattie, well, I never see Hattie when I'm kitty-sitting. She apparently bolts for some obscure hiding place when she hears the key in the door. The only evidence I ever see that she's alive is the abundance of kitty-poo in the kitty-box.
Autumn couldn't possibly make that much kitty-poo on her own. It's kind of comforting in a way to scoop that much cat-poo. It's evidence that Hattie is, indeed, alive and functioning properly.

I try to coax her out of whatever hiding place she's found. I have a little song that I sing while I'm cleaning out the box and tending to them:

My Hattie
My Hattie
My fatty little catty.
You are a splendid pussy-cat
You meow all the day long
(meow-meow)
My puss-puss
My puss-puss
My happy little puss-puss-puss.

It's a really cute, but she still won't come out.

I think I'm going to go to church this morning. I had a dream last night that I was back in the monastery, so I'm feeling some remnants from the dream. When I do go to church, it's to the Christian Science church a few blocks away. A church service at a Christian Science church is more like a graduate school theology lecture than your usual churchey church-thing. Plus, they have a really nice pipe organ and there's none of that meet-n-greet nightmarish stuff going on. You know, when you have to turn and greet the person next to you.
I hate that.
Everyone hates that.

Let's see. What else.
Oh! In two weeks I'm going home to Texas for a week. I'm flying all the way down to Victoria Texas rather than flying to Austin and driving down. This way, I fly to Houston and then take a little-bitty scary airplane to Victoria. It costs a little more, (and it's scary) but it's soooo convenient. The little-bitty scary airplane practically lands in my mom's back yard.

Okay, it's time to go to church. But you know what? I think I'm going to skip church and go work out instead. I like going to the gym on Sunday mornings because I practically have the whole place to myself.
Everyone else is at church.





3 Comments:

At 12:12 PM , Blogger Eric said...

Hey Buck, did you get my email?

 
At 3:19 PM , Blogger Red Seven said...

So you opted for "gay church." All well and good. Altho' when I say "gay church," I almost always mean "brunch."

I have two fat cats as well. Love 'em. Of course, if they were skinnier, I might feel compelled to work out rather than eat so much g*dd*mn brunch all the time, y'know?

 
At 6:48 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

ohhhhh dont get me started on church... another thing I need to blog about this week

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home