Sunday, May 13, 2007

I love my kitchen, too.


My apartment building, Marina Towers, was constructed in the early 60's and the interior decor truly reflects that goofy era.

When I was considering the move here, I looked at five different apartments in the building. Although mine sports some yellow metal cabinets in the kitchen, it's not as bad as some I've seen here.

One of them had orange metal cabinets, a pink dishwasher and an avocado fridge. If that wasn't bad enough, there was Astro-turf on the balcony.

It looked like an over-the-top parody of The Brady Bunch.

I love to cook and even though my little bitty yellow kitchen is a bit of a challenge because of the size, I've managed to make the most out of the space here. Thank god for The Container Store. That place doth rock my world.

I also selected this apartment for its view. It's on the 49th floor of the west tower and faces west. The night-time views are fantastic. It also has new marble floors which are kinda cool and no Astro-turf anywhere.

But there are the yellow metal cabinets in the kitchen. Like I said, I really do appreciate the kitsch factor.

I'm thinking of getting a Trimline wall phone for the kitchen. In aqua. With a rotary dial.

It's practically a must.


2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I always say that any body can cook in a show kitchen. A real cook doesn't need a lot of space.

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

Lorraine always says that?

I hope she says other things too.

When they visit, it's going to be awkward if she says that in reply to everything we say to her.

---------

Me: That's Navy Pier over there.

Lorraine: Anybody can cook in a show kitchen.

Jon: The Sears Tower is at Jackson and Wacker.

Lorraine: Anybody can cook in a show kitchen.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home