Saturday, May 12, 2007

I Love My Toilet

Yes, I love my toilet.

It's Saturday morning and I'm doing my house cleaning when I realized how much I love this thing.

He was installed in 1964 as you can see by the bright yellow color. (I've included pics here with and without the flash). I'm only five years older than this toilet, so he's holding up pretty well.

He doesn't go very well with the tiles which are sort of chocolate and aqua, but that's okay. I love the 1960's kitsch factor. A lot.

It goes well with my yellow rubber ducky that I've had for about 25 years.

For some reason, when this building was built, they installed these Super Toilets, you know, the ones that you see in commercial buildings. I think they're called hydro-pneumatic toilets; the ones that don't have a tank and rely on gravity.

Man, you could toss a ham down this puppy and it wouldn't bat an eye!

3 Comments:

At 12:43 PM , Blogger John said...

Well Darlin', ham is exactly what you'll be flushin down it tomarrow, if'in' you have it for dinner tonight (if you catch what I mean).

Huggs, etc...

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

"Tossing a ham in there" will be my new uephemism for using the toilet.

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I want to have ham tossing contests when we visit.

Not what Iwanski means. Real hams.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home