Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"Such a Feeling's Comin' Over Me. . . "


Miss Healthypants and I have a wild night planned.

I know this might sound really lame but we're going to be working on Carpenters music. And we're really looking forward to it. Remember The Carpenters?

I'll be Richard and she'll be Karen, needless to say. Recently, she bought a big book of their music and I've been working on the accompaniment. So, tonight we'll be working on:

Top of the World
Close to You
Rainy Days and Mondays

Don't laugh!

The Carpenters wrote some really great stuff! I know it comes off as kind of syrupy, but it's actually pretty complex music.

It's certainly more elevated than what that M&M or that Ice Tray guy does.



5 Comments:

At 2:54 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I wasn't going to laugh but that picture looks too much like the 2 of you...

 
At 3:17 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Yep. Just switch the blond and brunett hair and we're a dead ringer. Is that sad? I don't know.

 
At 6:24 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

Puke, puke, puke.

Also, puke.

 
At 5:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been wondering why birds suddenly appear every time you are near.

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Red Seven said...

I do remember the Carpenters, and I enjoyed them very much in the 70's. Of course, in those days, I was five years old and thought that French Toast with extra maple syrup was a healthy breakfast ... but no matter.

The only problem I have with the whole thing is that YOU should be Karen and SHE should be Richard. It would be subversive and ironic, and actually make the whole thing sort of ... cool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home