Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sex and the (Second) City

Last night, I met "the girls" for our usual dinner get-together. I love meeting my girlfriends for dinner and we've had some fantastic meals together. Dishing with the girls over dinner is so "Sex and the City" only we're not nearly as cool as they are and this is Chicago and not New York.

I was trying to think of which character each of us represents. I think it would go like this:

Miss Healthypants would be Carrie because they're both cute, blonde and chirpy.

Liane would be Miranda because she looks kind of like Miranda and works for a law firm.

Carol would be Samantha because she's looking for a boyfriend and just bought a new condo.

And I would be the gay guy with whom Aiden is having a secret affair. (Sorry, Carrie)

Okay, I just made up that last character. But it's my scenario so deal with it.

Afterwards, MHP and I went to Bed Bath & Beyond which should aptly be re-named "Bed Bath & We-Have-Everything-You-Want-But-Can't-Afford."

We both bought new Santoku knives because we both had crappy Santoku knives to begin with. And Santoku knives are SO Rachel Ray right now. Then I bought some more Kaboom because one can never have too much Kaboom in your house. (That stuff is fantastic and it smells really good too.)

Then we went to the grocery store which is next to Bed Bath & We-Have-Everything-You-Want-But-Can't-Afford.

MHP bought some nice cat food; the kind that isn't killing cats this week. I needed some bread so that I could make sandwiches to bring to work instead of spending ten dollars a day in the Expensive Food Court where I work. Right now, I'm eating a Cobb salad for lunch from the Expensive Food Court where I work. So much for good intentions.

Because of my new job, my life is sort of resembling Miranda's right now. Work, work, work, Cobb salad, work.

On a lighter note, I see that the Supreme Court just banned partial-birth abortions. Abortion is a touchy subject, so I'll tread lightly here.

Frankly, with the state these kids are in today, I think federally funded abortions should be available and legal up to the 60th trimester. If your sixteen year old comes home with a tattoo-covered chest or becomes a skinhead, then, blip! That's it.

I should have suggested that before they took their vote. Oh well, maybe next time.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

*LOL* You are too funny, dooder! I'm glad I'm Carrie--I like that character the best! *smiles*

Love,

Poodle :)

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Did you drink cosmos?

 
At 6:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always Miranda whenever that happens. She was the bitter one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home