Sunday, November 19, 2006

Texas-Bound

I'm flying home to Texas tomorrow for ten whole days and have been busy with all the nit-picky things to do an remember before taking a long trip:

1. Eat everything in the fridge
2. Clean the apartment really well in case I die in a plane crash and then my parents will think I keep a really nice apartment.
3. Change my voice mail at work. I forgot to do that on Friday.
4. Download new music onto the iPod so I'll have something to do on the airplane (before it crashes, you know).
5. Remember to bring Valium for the airplane ride. If it crashes, I won't care.
6. DON'T bring a Chinese cleaver in my back pack. I've done that twice and airport security really get don't like it.
7. Find out what that weird smell is in my apartment and get rid of it.
8. Give key to Miss Healthypants so she can retrieve my mail.
9. Put chef's knife in back-pack so I can make Thanksgiving dinner when I get there. NO, WAIT! Airport security doesn't like that. Don't do that.
10. Bring cell phone charger. I hate it when I don't have one.

I'm really looking forward to getting away for ten days. Work has been hallacious, or rather, the clients have been absolutely vile and nasty to me and it'll feel so good to leave them behind.

I know that doesn't sound very compassionate, but I'm human, so there.

2 Comments:

At 7:30 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Have a good time, Buck! I'll miss you. (And I share your airplane issues...be brave).

 
At 9:52 AM , Blogger Kyle said...

Homeland Security regs are holding up my student loan. It's apparently very confusing to people that one can do some work on a research master's degree in a country other than that of the university. Oh well.

Have a nice trip. Good luck with the knife. :0)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home