Sunday, November 12, 2006

I speak "Starbuckese"

Just before hopping on the train to work the other day, I popped in to one of the many neighborhood Starbuck's and placed my order.

"I'll have a Venti half-caf redeye, no room, please."

As I was saying that, I realized how odd it sounded. What's worse, is that there are thousands of Starbuck's employees that can understand this new "coffee-speak."

The next time I'm filling out an application, I think I should check the 'yes' box where it asks if you're bilingual.

3 Comments:

At 1:04 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Ok, even I don't know what a "redeye" is...

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Red Seven said...

I know!! I don't know what I red-eye is either, but I'm guessing it's the bolder of the two blends that Starbucks routinely brews (Cafe Verona? Yum!).

I too sometimes get a little self-conscious ordering a "triple grande two percent" anything, but hey -- that's the way I like it.

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

A "redeye" is an extra shot of espresso. A "blackeye" is an extra double shot of espresso. Yay, amphetamines.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home